Worbla’s Black Art – Medium
Why? Worbla plastics are different from other thermoplastics. They’re thinner than Wonderflex and handle curves better than Sintra, and Worbla products are non-toxic and don’t need special tools.
You use hot air, water or steam to shape the plastic however you wa
15 in stockCompare
What Is Worbla’s Black Art ?
Worbla’s Black Art – it’s smoother, it’s black, and it’s beautiful!
WBA is a thermoplastic which comes as a sheet, but can be used as modelling putty as well, just like Worbla’s Finest Art (WFA). It is also activated by heat (80-90°C is recommended) and can be re-activated as often as you like.
Just as all the materials of the Worbla’s Art Series, the Worbla’s Black Art (WBA) is solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances.
WBA has all the popular advantages of the WFA, and contains extra glue and provides excellent modelling features. In addition it is extremely fine. Hence you got a very nice and smooth surface without refinishing. Using modelling tools you can create amazingly smooth surfaces with the WBA and carve out details & intricacies. Because of it is pigmented black, most of the times a primer coat is not necessary.
Because of its highly fine structure the WBA stretches very evenly which is useful when moulding 3 dimensional shapes. It sticks to itself and can be used in conjuction with the original Worbla’s Finest Art.
All kind of colours such as acrylics or spray paints can be used for painting the Worbla’s Black Art. Sometimes it might be a good idea using a plastic primer or a layer of wood glue before painting.
- Worbla’s Black Art can be re-activated with heat as often as wanted to (best approx. 80-90° / 175-195°F)
- It contains a glue and it can be blended very well in order to attach single pieces nearly invisible and steady
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Simple, safe and clean handling, also for newbies
- Solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Surface provides for example good adherence for all colors, varnish, glue and so on
- Excellent repair and connecting possibilities, also with other thermoplastics
- No leftovers and under normal conditions it can last forever
There are many tutorials online, Youtube is a great place to start, also check out Svetlana over at Kamui Cosplay
|Dimensions||500 x 750 x 2 cm|