Worbla’s Meshed Art – Small
Why? Worbla plastics are different from other thermoplastics. They’re thinner than Wonderflex and handle curves better than Sintra, and Worbla products are non-toxic and don’t need special tools.
You use hot air, water or steam to shape the plastic however you want.
18 in stockCompare
What Is Worbla’s Meshed Art ?
Worbla’s Meshed Art (WMA) – the new Worbla with a mesh on one side! Like all the other materials from the Worbla’s Art series it is absolutely non-toxic and solvent-free. Our Worbla’s Meshed Art is partially made from recycled rice husks, a sustainable resource that trough a high-quality processing it is integrated in our material in order to save natural resources.
WMA is also activated by heat (best approx. 80-90° / 175-195°F), becomes mouldable and shapeable by hand and can be re-activated as often as wanted to.
Thanks to the mesh on one side the Worbla’s Meshed Art is less susceptible as regards tearing out eyelets/studs and similar things plus it is the perfect supplement for forming and strengthening works with leather or fabrics.
However, it is surprisingly possible to create as well great curvatures and organic forms, as needed for example in female breastplates!
The glue in the Worbla’s Meshed Art is stronger than in the Worbla’s Finest Art; Edgescan be blended well together. Furthermore, it is really simple to create a smooth surface and it is also astonishing that it is possible to cast pieces very well with it.
All kind of colors such as acrylics or spray paints can be used for painting the WMA. Though, it is recommended to prime the surface before painting. Do you want to know more? As always, you can find photos, suggestions and tutorials on our social media platforms.
- Worbla’s Meshed Art can be re-activated with heat as often as wanted to (best approx. 80-90° / 175-195°F)
- It contains a very strong glue and it can be blended very well in order to attach single pieces nearly invisible and steady
- The material is safer thanks to the mesh on one side compared to other materials without a mesh regarding tearing out eyelets, studs and suchlike
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Simple, safe and clean handling, also for newbies
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Material is manufactured with resource protection
- Despite the mesh it has really good crafting qualities
- Surface provides for example good adherence for all colors, varnish, glue and so on
- Excellent repair and connecting possibilities, also with other thermoplastics
- No leftovers and under normal conditions it can last forever
There are many tutorials online, Youtube is a great place to start, also check out Svetlana over at Kamui Cosplay
|Dimensions||25 x 37.5 x 2 cm|